You know that I love hake, here’s a cracking recipe for you to try, it’ll only take you 30 minutes!!! And you’ll have fantastic delicious hake!
2 large bulbs fennel
200ml of olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 x 6oz Hake fillets, about 2inches thick
100g panko breadcrumbs
100g pitted kalamata olives
1.Trim the tops and bottoms from the fennel bulbs.
2.reserve a handful of the fronds for garnish.
3. Cut the fennel into quarters and slice off most of the core. Cut the quarters into wedges.
4. Put the olive oil in a large pan,Place over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add the fennel and cook without stirring until fennel is golden brown on the bottom, Stir and let the fennel continue to cook until some more pieces brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add 100ml of water to the pan,Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and several grinds of pepper. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan with a lid or foil and cook 5 minutes.
6. Season the Hake with salt and pepper and place on top of the fennel. Cover the pan again and simmer, adding water occasionally if the pan is dry, cook until the fennel is very tender,the Hake should be just cooked through.
7. chop the reserved fennel fronds and remove the zest from the lemon.
8. Heat a good splash of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
9. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring frequently, until the breadcrumbs brown.
10. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cool. Mix the fennel fronds and lemon zest into the breadcrumbs until combined.
11. Juice the lemon and chop the olives.
12. When the hake and fennel are done, stir in the lemon juice and the olives.
13. Remove from the heat and allow to stand for about 1 minute to warm the olives.